Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010: Let the Cooking Begin!

My mom always said, that as a pig (my Chinese zodiac sign) - I would have a lucky life insofar as I would always have something good to eat! And as moms typically are, she was right. I have been rather fortunate with all the tasty things in life. But so what? What does this have to do with 2010?

Well...it all started with a little Sun bday/end of year ('09) dinner.... (thanks N & A for being such willing guinea pigs!)

Despite some hiccups with the oven (we had to call the super to figure out how to turn the oven on), and much help from the trusty manual-Chao-dicer, C and I were able to pull out a very successful first dinner! While I have cooked most of the sides at one point or another...the smash hit of the evening was my tentative experiment with orange & miso...the miso-marmalade glazed pork loin stuffed with fennel.

With those savory memories under our belt...we began to discuss the possibility of formulating our very own little culinary challenge. Prompted by an endless barrage of food network/travel channel/julie&julia shows...we have decided to take a crack at
cooking our own way through the different continents! We'll be sure to try and rep G Wang's little current island home too... ;)

Details TBD as C is currently in charge of determining the rules and guidelines.

1 comment: