Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Make It Work!

Darhling! I felt I must respond to your previous post. I have definitely pondered those thoughts independent from your post (which is why we have such a WANG mind meld!). Yet recent events have caused me to revise my thinking.

Yes, the economy can ruin marriages, relationships, and the like. Yes, it can be a huge barrier in either moving forward, or moving on. But in the end, the key element in whether it works - is you. You and him/her. You, him/her and your family. We're Gen Y! Having grown up in an age where individualism, achievement and a "you can do it" attitude reigned supreme. My thesis is, it's on you. If you want it enough, you can make it happen. Examples? Cause in the end Gracie...you have to be with your family in TW, no? And as for supposed love separated by oceans? Well love is only sustainable when you try to make it work. Otherwise it's just a bunch of pretty words.

After all, my fav. CMU non-prof, Randy Pausch said "Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people."

No comments:

Post a Comment